Last week was the first week in Spring 2015 One Room Challenge where I introduced you to my current office.
If you missed Week 1 you can check out the details here. Here’s my inspiration board:
As promised, here’s my office in it’s current state with the new rug from HomeGoods. Yes, it’s not the size was looking for but is so plush and the perfect fit for this glam office!
At first glance it’s not horrible, but definitely not pulled together. I would love to rip up this carpet and put hardwood floors down, but not happening. I also wanted to rip out this accent wall of mirrors but have grown to like as it make the room look larger.
I’ve made progress on my gallery wall above the coral campaign and styling the campaign with some great pieces such as this mint lamp, gold and white stripped lamp shade, and gold coral accent piece.
Also decided to splurge on these fun wall décor pieces for my gallery wall!
And I also splurged on this guy!
Considering it was Easter and I hosted 11 people for dinner on Sunday, my kids are home for spring break this week, and I had a styled photo shoot today, I’ve managed to get a few things crossed off my to do list! However, if you were to see my office floor after today, it looks like a tornado hit it!
Here’s my running to do list for Operation Sarah Sofia Productions (SSP) Headquaters:
- Buy Ikea glass shelves, spray paint gold and add marble contact paper
- Buy desk or make current one more lux
- Buy coral office chair
- Finish coral campaign lacquered finish, replace brass hardware & convert into filing cabinet
- Gallery wall above coral campaign – In Progress
- Accent wall above coral campaign with either removable wallpaper or stencil
Buy curtains Buy rug
- spray paint silver chandelier gold
- Buy small seating for vignette
- Gold bar cart for happy hour!! (Don’t get me started on the faux bamboo glam bar cart I passed up at HomeGoods last fall or the great looking pieces from Target!)
Accents for coral campaign Nate Berkus gold dog tape dispenser
- DIY spray paint gold scissors to match gold tape dispenser
Hang curtains (I’ve done this twice and it’s fallen down) Move hanging wire basket to wall behind the door and hang wall décor
- Paint existing picture frames and get new matting
- Purchase SSP marquee metal light letters for gallery wall and get my DIY design on!
- Decide on sunburst mirror to hang on current wall mirror
If you’re just joining the ORC fun you can get caught up on ORC Spring 2014 Master Bed Room here:
ORC Fall 2014 Operation Big Girl Room here:
You may also be interested in my other design projects and design related posts such as my kitchen in progress here and here, family room in progress, front entryway, living room, Backstage Pass to High Point Furniture Market and coffee talk with Charlotte designers and ORC participants, designPost Interiors and Simply Stylings, here and here.
I’m in the process of updating my younger daughter’s coral and robin’s egg blue bedroom, and hope to have that photographed and posted during ORC in addition to working on my office.
Come back next Thursday for more updates and hopefully some fun DIY on the bookcase and scissors!