Spring is in the air and that means wedding season! We’re sharing 9 Wedding Trends Inspired by Pantone’s Colors of the Year for Wedding Wednesday! Pantone’s 2016 colors of the year are Serenity (light blue), Rose Quartz (blush/pink), and Lilac Grey (light purple), are inspiring me for spring and summer weddings.
The soft pastel color pallet is feminine, modern, and easily coordinates with other colors such as pink, green, yellow, gold, peach, white. It’s also a great color pallet that fits several different wedding styles from glam, to modern, to rustic, to romantic.
Get details of this inspiration here: Cake Topper for Wedding “Happily Ever After” Design Glitter Cake… / 15 Creative Menu Ideas / The Colors You’ll Be Wearing Next Spring Rose Quartz, Buttercup, and… / Pantone 2016 Wedding Inspo / Pantone 2016 Wedding Inspo / The Hottest New Wedding Trends for 2016 / Pantone 2016 Wedding Inspo / The Hottest New Wedding Trends for 2016 / Pantone 2016 Wedding Inspo / Blush Desert Inspired Wedding Ideas
Here’s spring and summer wedding inspiration using Pantone’s Spring 2016 colors, Buttercup (yellow), Peach Echo (light coral/peach) and Pantone Colors of the year.
Get details on this look here: Mustard / Mustard / Mustard / Mustard / Mustard / Laser Cut Wedding Invitations Gold Blank Inner Sheet Wedding… / Woven table runner / Blue, Burgundy, and Bronze Spring Wedding Styling / 16 Most Refreshing and Trendy Spring Wedding Colors / 16 Most Refreshing and Trendy Spring Wedding Colors / 16 Most Refreshing and Trendy Spring Wedding Colors / 16 Most Refreshing and Trendy Spring Wedding Colors
1. Creative floor plans Couples are moving away from tables of rounds for the wedding reception. Rows of farm tables with wooden chairs that have an X back is a hot trend that is not going away! You can dress it up with linens, table runners, lush florals as the table runner or leave it bare with candles and a few florals. Use décor pieces that highlight your main wedding colors like this tabelscape below with Pantone’s 2016 Colors of the Year and Spring 2016 Colors.
However, if traditional and more intimate is your style, this tablscape is beautiful inspiration in Pantone 2016 Colors of the Year!
2. Unique Lighting Unique lighting from chandeliers, to candles, to string of lights is another hot trend in 2016! Couples want their guests to have a personalized and intimate experience at their wedding. Lighting is one of the design elements that helps to achieve this for your wedding day.
3. Mix and Match Birdesmaid Dresses A hot trend wedding trend is to mix and match your bridesmaids dresses in style and color. I’m loving the mix of these bridesmaid dresses with Pantone’s 2016 Spring Colors and they’re also in different styles!
4. The New Naked Cake The naked cake has been trending for a few years. However, the Dirty-iced (also known as crumb coating or half dressed cakes) is the trend in 2016. A dirty iced cake is left bare with no frosting on top but simply decorated with some florals or a cake topper.
We’re seeing touches of icing on the sides, edible flowers on top or on the side, herbs, seashells, and real flowers as part of the wedding cake design. Square naked cake in alternating cake layers is a fun way to coordinate your wedding colors.
Small naked wedding cakes work great, especially with the trend of dessert stations.
5. Dripped Wedding Cake If you want a more bold and glam look, then you’ll love the new dripped cake trend!
6. The Wedding Invitation Suite The wedding invitation suite is one of the first things your guests will see and coordinating it with your wedding colors provides a glimpse of your wedding day! Unique invitations that are hand painted, water color, marbled, laser cut, or calligraphy continue to trend. Metallic colors and warm tones such as gold foil and rose gold are showing up everywhere. Couples want to add bit of individual style to a traditional aspect of the wedding celebration.
7. Glam and metallics Glam weddings continue to trend with couples making it unique with their own personal touches and combining the glam look with vintage. One of our favorites that we designed is this Vintage Glam Wedding, which was featured in Carolina Bride, here. You can find the inspiration behind it here. It has farm tables, succulents, florals as the table runner, and metallics, which are all hot trends!
8. Personalized popsicle cocktails Alternatives to the traditional wedding cake continue to trend, and cocktail popsicles will wow your guests during cocktail hour! There’s nothing more refreshing on a hot day than an ice cold popsicles.
9. Vignettes are the new lounge area Lounge area have been trending for the last 6 years. However, vignettes with vintage or modern pieces are becoming more popular with couples who are looking for a unique and intimate wedding experience.
Need more wedding inspiration? Make sure you check out 9 Top Weddings Trends Your Guests Will Love, like a Cotton Candy & Bubbly Bar here.
Happy Wedding Season!